Rosh Hashanah is a bit early this year so you may want to buy this card and save it for 2021. Hoping for a sweeter world by then! Find it here.
It’s 2020 and Inktober’s reputation has been tarnished beyond repair (everything else is ruined, so why not?) Since then dozens of new and/or lesser-known lists of spooky art challenges have sprouted in its wake, so I thought I’d make one too. You could try drawing album covers, portraits of the musicians, comics about the creatures, anything really. Or just use the songs as your October soundtrack. Links to the songs are right below the list!
- Shep Wooley, “Purple People Eater”
- The Cramps, “I Was a Teenage Werewolf”
- Dr. Octagon, “HalfSharkAlligatorHalfMan”
- Bauhaus, “Bela Lugosi’s Dead”
- Rasputina, “Transylvanian Concubine”
- Sid Hemphill, “Old Devil’s Dream”
- Screamin’ Jay Hawkins, “Little Demon”
- Alice Cooper, “Feed My Frankenstein”
- White Zombie, “I’m Your Boogieman”
- Slint, “Nosferatu Man”
- Outkast (feat. Kelis), “Dracula’s Wedding”
- Talking Heads, “Psycho Killer”
- David Bowie, “Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps)”
- The Sonics, “The Witch”
- Sam the Sham & The Pharoahs, “Lil’ Red Riding Hood”
- The Specials, “Ghost Town”
- The Boss-Tones, “Mope Itty Mope”
- ESG, “UFO”
- Avey Tare’s Slasher Flicks, “Little Fang”
- Type O Negative, “Be My Druidess”
- Santana, “Black Magic Woman”
- Incredible String Band, “The Minotaur’s Song”
- Chavela Vargas, “La Llorona”
- Daniel Johnston, “Casper the Friendly Ghost”
- Roky Erickson, “I Walked With a Zombie”
- Shorty Long, “Devil with the Blue Dress”
- Robert Johnson, “Hellhound on my Trail”
- Germs, “Manimal”
- Misfits, “I Turned Into A Martian”
- Residents, “Herman the Human Mole”
- Grouper, “The Man who Died in His Boat”
Here’s a quick spontaneous animation I made today for Día de los Muertos/Day of the Dead.
Here are the sketches I’ve done for #illo_advent so far. Hopefully I’ll have time to do a few more before the 25th!
This was my third Inktober and I wasn’t able to participate every single day this time, but I’m still pretty happy with ideas I came up with that I can develop into finished work. See my entries from the last two years below (the links will take you to my old blog)
Here’s a free line drawing to print out and color in for Halloween! Just click on the picture to save it at its full 8.5×11″ size. If you color it in, show me what you did and I’ll share it on this post. Happy Halloween!
POP! BANG! FIZZ! KABOOM! Happy New Blog!